Saturday, May 29, 2010

So I need to wrap things up here...

...so this post is going to consist of really short bits of everything I've done since returning from Bath.

Tate Britain
Main part of the collection is paintings by J.M.W. Turner, but they really didn't do the paintings justice.

Tate Modern

This visit confirmed that I don't get modern art. Although I did hear the best description of modern art from a British school kid: "What the hell is this, mate?" (it's the building directly at the opposite end of the bridge).St. Paul's Cathedral
Not my type of Cathedral, too imposing. I prefer Gothic Cathedrals. The view from the top was amazing.Alton Towers
Didn't get to ride all of the rollercoasters here because one kept breaking down when I got in line. But the English keep up their tradition of great inverted coasters.Zippo's Circus
Went to the show again since it was playing a park 10 minutes walking from my building. Had dinner with Norman Barrett, MBE, the ringmaster after the show.Shakespeare's Globe
Saw a great production of Macbeth, although since I stood in the yard (as a "groundling"), my knees would say otherwise. Did the exhibition and theatre tour the next day.Chessington World of Adventures
A much more family oriented amusement park, not many rollercoasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment